Automate your airtable workflow with NoCodeAPI
Airtable is a great app to automate your workflow. You can keep your payment records, habit tracks, todos, estimations of your next project — all at one place. It is today’s Excel file. Unlike Excel, you can easily use airtable as a database for your website.
Key Issue :— Airtable API is hard to integrate, because it has limits. Read below 👇
By default, every GET request has 60 seconds of caching means the first API call will come from a third party application API and other API calls under the next 60 seconds from the caching server.
Confusing ? It is ! Below is a work around to fetching airtable data to your website without getting into unnecessary details.
Step 1 : Get your Airtable API Key
- Click here 👉 airtable/account · to go to airtable account’s page.
- Click on Generate API Key under the API heading.
- Click on password input field to pick your API Key.
Step 2 : Get your Airtable Base ID
- Click here 👉 airtable/api · to go to airtable’s API page.
- Click on your airtable base (Base is your file name).
- Copy your Base ID — It starts with letters
Step 3 : Add this data to NoCodeAPI
- Sign In to your nocodeapi dashboard.
- Go to Marketplace
- Activate your Airtable app
- Click on “Make Airtable API”
- Fill in API Key (from Step 1) and Base Id (from Step 2)
- Press the “Create” button
Step 4 : Test if it is working Ok
- Click on “Open Playground” button just above your generated Api
- Select “Get” on the appeared sidebar
- Select “Try it out”
- Enter your tableName ( this is the sheet name of your airtable base )
- Press “Execute” to test it
You should get a 200 response with all rows in your airtable listed in JSON format.
This is it. Before you leave, some benefits that nocodeapi gave you :—
- Bypass limit – We are using caching technology for this.
- API response is Fast.
- You can track all your logs
- No Server Headache
Plus — You do not have to understand the lengthy boring airtable documentation. That is built for nerds like me.
I hope you enjoyed this blog. You can watch us grow on twitter at nocodeapi.
Thank you. ✌️
You can customise the caching time if you are a paid user on airtable. Just pass cacheTime (in seconds) as
query paramwith your api end point.
Now your endpoint will be cached for 900 seconds(15 minutes).